Video Communications Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Video Communications Specialist to join our team in our Seattle office.
This position creates original client-focused productions that move the firm’s communications initiatives forward and are in line with firm-wide strategy. The role will work with departments and practices across the firm to enhance their internal and external video communications. The role will hold industry expertise and constantly look for opportunities to optimize the firm’s approach in visually conveying the firm’s efforts with innovation, as well as making the broadest visual and emotional impact with current and potential clients.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Work directly with Head of Video Communications to collaborate on and carry out creative direction for video productions
- Lead implementation of concepts, guidelines, and strategies in various creative media projects and oversee them to completion
- Publish multimedia content to various outlets including the firm’s video channels, email newsletters, website, and industry reports through aligned video communications campaigns
- Partner with other integrated team members to ensure creative media projects are aligned and integrated with overall seasonal campaigns and other annual marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with Designers to create and enforce standards that ensure all public digital media content is of extremely high-quality and is aligned with the firm’s overall brand
- Test and measure the effectiveness of the firm’s multimedia initiatives and organize video analytics/performance reports as campaigns require them. Use key performance metrics to optimize and refine future content creation and adjust campaigns to better target audiences
- Produce content for all locations of the firm and travel on-location when productions require
- Build and strengthen partner relationships with external production studios and direct producers, camera operators, video editors, sound designers, and voice over talent to make sure projects are aligned with the firm-wide strategy
- Train staff on editing, production software, video platforms, and equipment as projects require
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation of the firm’s Vimeo Enterprise platform
- Maintain media archive and server allocation for current and past projects
- Organize and update the firm’s cloud-based interview and stock library including video interviews, b-roll, graphics, and music
- Facilitate regular maintenance of the production equipment; research and purchase new production equipment as needed
- Remain up-to-date on firm-wide brand strategy
- Remain up-to-date on the latest film/video communication trends
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in broadcasting, multimedia, communications or marketing
- 4+ years’ experience with multimedia editing and video production tools (i.e. Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, Audition, video & studio equipment)
- BA in film/video production, communications, marketing or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with design software, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment focused on excellence and with high levels of autonomy
- Ability to communicate ideas, plans, goals and results to all levels, including C-level Executives
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office software products (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and organizational skills required
- Ability to communicate clearly and handle stressful situations in a professional manner and multi-task as well as follow-up timely
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple demands from multiple people
- Ability to provide status reports on assigned projects independently
- Maintain excellent attendance and timely arrival
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Availability for weekend and evening work if needed
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.