"The firm did a great job on creating a comfortable environment, and making us feel welcome."
Chris Weathers Associate | Portland
DWT IS DEVOTED TO HELPING OTHERS WITH OUR PRO BONO WORK.Learn More »
For offering incoming associates the best chance of ascending to partnership.-Above the Law
- Initial Interview: Meet with 1-2 attorneys at a DWT office, if possible; other accommodations will be made if necessary. This initial meeting typically takes an hour.
- Full Round Interviews: Visit a DWT office to meet with 4-6 additional attorneys (a mix of partners and associates) including, when possible, the Practice Group Chair and Partner-In-Charge. These meetings generally take 3-4 hours.
- Additional Interviews: In some cases, when key attorneys are not available during the Full Round, we may ask a candidate to come back for additional interviews to meet those key people.
- Next Steps: If an offer is being considered we collect references and a list of the candidate’s client/matters to start a conflicts check.
- Bar dues
- Life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Sick leave
- 401(k) Tax deferred savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and transportation costs
- Transportation subsidy
- Associate wellness reimbursement
- Child and elder care
- Parental leave
Our current affinity groups are:
- LGBTQ Attorneys
- Diverse Attorneys
- Women Attorneys
- Senior Attorneys
- Veteran Attorneys
- Flexible Hours Attorneys
To learn more about our Diversity Initiatives and Affinity Groups, click here