Senior Practice Management Specialist - (Media Entertainment Patent Trademark Advertising)
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Senior Practice Management Specialist to join our team in either our Los Angeles or New York office.
- Support the development and implementation of strategic plan priorities of the practice group and the firm
- Attend practice group meetings, provide financial reports and meeting materials, and support the practice group operations as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary liaison between practice group chairs/other practice leaders and staff departments to execute on practice group operating needs while reducing the amount of administrative time spent by practice leaders.
- Coordinate seminars, webinars, CLEs, and events for assigned practice groups. Support the practice managers on major events that require the practice managers to lead.
- Assist practice manager in processes that involve the collection of client feedback and execution on responses/actions to be taken, based on client feedback.
- Provide general support to practice managers and attorneys in practice group operations.
- Collaborate with other practice group management teams to promote cross-practice opportunities.
- Provide guidance and advice to the practice groups regarding business development opportunities for the practice group.
- Draft and prepare communications related to winning new work and enhancing the practice group’s profile and reputation.
- Prepare responses to Requests for Proposals involving significant practice group participation, complex pricing, and multiple relationship partners; draft informal pitches and proposals to support the business development efforts of the practice group
- Support firm-wide request for proposal responses that involve significant practice group participation, complex pricing, and multiple relationship partners; draft informal pitches and proposals to support the business development efforts of the practice group
- Negotiate sponsorships and manage marketing and practice group budgets.
- Lead the collection, storing, maintenance and distribution of information on lawyers’ experience and work with the practice manager to develop an effective system that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers.
- Lead the preparation of attorney and practice group award and recognition submissions, working with the practice manager to strategize opportunities
- Work with the Marketing team to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group’s blogs and social media platforms.
- Identify and conduct research in support of new business opportunities.
- Assist with additional projects as necessary.
- May require travel to other offices, as necessary.
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years of law firm or professional services marketing is desired, or equivalent internship and education. Law firm operations or business development experience is a plus
- College degree and demonstrated academic excellence is strongly preferred
- Ability to take ownership of projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts are required
- Ability to interact with lawyers and staff at all levels is required
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology a plus
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate is required
- General familiarity with the practice of law is a plus
Who We Are
What’s in it For You?
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
The annualized salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $88,000 to $110,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
The annualized salary range for this position in New York City is $98,000 to $110,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.
Job Reference #: ot3rqfw7