Senior IP Litigation Contract Attorney (Remote)
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking a full-time contract attorney with significant IP litigation experience for engagement through the firm’s flexible and alternative-track attorney program, DWTSurge. This position can be primarily remote, but there is a preference for candidates in the Los Angeles area who have the flexibility to work in the firm’s office, as needed. This position will work with the firm’s Technology practice group and will be dedicated to supporting IP litigation matters for the firm’s clients.
This contract position will be full-time. While the engagement is for an initial 6-month contract term, we anticipate the work to remain relatively steady and there is a possibility of renewal for additional terms for successful candidates. We are looking for attorneys interested in flexible remote work who seek to establish a long-term arrangement working with DWT on an exclusive basis. Candidates located and barred in California are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of litigation experience in a large law firm setting while representing corporate clients.
- Significant substantive experience with all types of IP litigation, including patent, trademark and copyright, with an emphasis on strong soft IP skills.
- Experience working for a top Am Law firm preferred.
- Residency and active bar admission in one of the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, MO, MT, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WDC.
- For candidates in the Los Angeles, CA area, flexibility to work on-site in the firm’s office, as needed, is preferred.
- Experience managing discovery and e-discovery needs and handling discovery-related tasks.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with DWT on an exclusive basis.
- Flexibility to work overtime, as needed.
- For candidates who are based in other states and time-zones, this position requires the ability to support Pacific Time Zone business hours while working remotely.
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to produce high quality work product in a high volume practice.
Please note that this is a temporary contract position managed by DWT’s flexible contract attorney program, DWTSurge. Compensation will be paid on an hourly basis, commensurate with experience and skill level (see below). We are interested in candidates who are electing to pursue a more flexible way of providing continuous, high-value legal services to the firm and our clients. If you are interested in a more traditional law firm position, please check the DWT careers page for lateral opportunities.
The hourly range for this position in CA, WA, and New York is $140 - 170 per hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
All applications should be submitted via LinkedIn or by sending a resume and cover letter directly to DWTSurge Senior Recruiter, Mariah Watson, at email@example.com. The DWTSurge Recruiting team will be in touch as we review your application materials.
For this opportunity, we are not currently accepting third party submissions.
We are an AmLaw 100 law firm with eleven offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine - central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals - including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession - can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.