Records Analyst (Archive and Maintenance)
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a dedicated administrative professional, to join our team in Seattle. This position’s primary tasks concern the archival and shelf maintenance of folders and periodic office scans for circulation validation in the Seattle office.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare files for storage offsite and retrieve files and boxes from offsite storage.
- Maintenance of central records shelves for misfiles, shifting and archiving.
- Manage the synchronization, downloading/uploading and troubleshooting of the barcode scan guns.
- Ensure the folder status for all shelved and archived folders for the Seattle office are accurately recorded in the records database.
- Pick up boxes ready for archive and perform periodic sweeps to pick up folders being returned to onsite or offsite storage, meeting the published service level agreement.
- Validate inventory of inbound client/matter folder transfers.
- Assist with outbound client/matter folder transfers.
- Perform a periodic office scan for the Seattle office to update the circulation history in the records database.
- May perform backup for Delivery Reports, Delivery Runs and Folder Transfers.
- Monitor Central Records Service Requests and fulfill as assigned.
- Assist in the execution of the firm-wide disposition and retention program as assigned.
- Assist with other administrative tasks; provide back up to others in the department and perform other records job responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years’ of records experience required.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required; advanced studies preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and experience working with various records management software applications required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary customer service, analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow-up skills - required.
- Exhibits great attention to detail and quality control.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Time management skills - required.
- Ability to handle moderately stressful situations in a calm, composed manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to accurately keyboard 35+ wpm.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.