This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Receptionist to join our team in our Washington D.C. office.
This position is responsible for answering and directing a high volume of incoming calls for the WDC main phone lines; being an ambassador for the Washington, D.C. office by greeting clients; receiving deliveries; maintaining the Washington, D.C. office conference room calendar; assisting visitors, attorneys and staff with a variety of matters; and other tasks as may be assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Answer and screen a high volume of incoming calls for the WDC office promptly and professionally
- Answer attorney lines that bounce back to reception, and offer to take detailed messages or transfer to voice mail as directed. Send messages via email when necessary
- Greet clients, visitors and vendors; notify attorneys and/or staff of their arrival in a timely manner; occasionally escort visitors to scheduled offices and ensure their needs are met; arrange for a host to escort if necessary
- Communicate with attorneys and staff regarding a variety of inquiries and requests for assistance, e.g. ordering cars, scheduling reservable offices
- Monitor set ups in conference rooms on daily basis including food catering orders appropriate for the number of guests, equipment set up/clean up and communication with support teams involved. Contact office services when conference rooms are vacated for timely clean up
- Obtain appropriate charge-back information for catering orders, maintain log of attorney / client dietary restrictions and catering preferences
- Maintain phones listings for new hires and departures; coordinate with administration regarding new assignments, numbers and extensions
- Receive hand delivered client documents and notify mailroom
- Assist staff and attorneys with reserving conference/meeting/visitor rooms. Maintain reception area, i.e. keep visitor coat closet in order and assist in returning missing items to their respective owners; manage reception magazine rack and floral arrangements
- Assist with visitors of the firm: enter guests into building security system; manage visiting office schedules; confirm visits daily; assist with copying or faxing as needed
- Interact with building security: coordinate scheduled and unscheduled visitor arrivals; report spills, temperature requests, lighting, electrical and any related facilities issues using the databases to track job orders
- Assist with other clerical tasks as needed, including time entry
- Provide team coverage of Receptionist shifts on the West Coast and NYC office as needed
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience as receptionist or administrative assistance in an office environment required; experience using a multi-line phone system preferred
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required; advanced education preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Ability to interact with lawyers and staff at all levels
- Ability to take ownership of projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as fax machine, copiers, scanners, phones and computer
- Demonstrated proficiency MS Office products required (MS Office 2010 preferred); must type 45 wpm
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and have excellent grammar; spelling and proofreading skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate, and use good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality, and maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to work extended hours or periodically change work schedule / hours if needed, required. Flexibility to work overtime, if needed
- Previous experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.