This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Reception Concierge to join our Services team in our Washington D.C. office.
This position is responsible for the setup and clean up associated with meetings and events in the Washington, D.C. office. Responsibilities include: providing food and beverage services; assisting the Services Team with furniture configurations and equipment setups as needed; maintaining appearance and cleanliness of all conference rooms throughout the day; maintaining appearance and cleanliness of all visitor offices on a daily basis. This position is also responsible for daily morning front desk coverage and primary backup support to reception. Customer service is key; you must have an ability and enthusiasm to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members. Normal hours for this position are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Some overtime may be required.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Provide food and beverage service to all conference rooms, meeting rooms and other event locations (off-site) as necessary
- Setup and clean-up of specific office functions such as internal meetings, social hours/mixers, and other events
- Maintain all coffee stations, conference rooms, reception area, kitchens and pantries and other general common areas within the office
- Maintain visitor office spaces daily to ensure they are clean, stocked with normal supplies and prepared for visitor use; assist with prepping identified spaces as needed for unscheduled DWT guests
- Maintain inventory of social events closet; in coordination with the Office Administrative Coordinator, order and stock supplies for events as needed
- Provide morning reception coverage (8:30 – 10:30) and backup reception coverage as needed, which includes answering phones and serving as concierge, greeting and assisting clients and visitors; in coordination with the reception team, maintain reception calendars for multiple conference rooms and visitor offices
- Triage hospitality requests from attorneys, staff and clients to accommodate needs
- Provide assistance, as requested, to the local Administrative Team; manage monthly parking passes for Washington, DC office partners
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as requested and assigned
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years’ experience in an office environment providing support, facilities or reception services; hospitality experience is a plus
- Ability to understand and follow directions, manage multiple priorities and respond to requests with minimal supervision
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to handle stressful time-sensitive situations, including last minute requests in a calm, comprised manner
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to use a multi-line telephone system
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook; familiarity with Resource Scheduler or other room reservation software is a plus
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks and routines quickly; ability to be flexible regarding specific daily assignments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate both orally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- High school diploma or GED Certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.