Practice Management Coordinator
As a member of the practice management team, the Practice Management Coordinator will support the practice manager, and the practice group(s) they manage on initiatives that enhance the business and strategic operations of the practice groups.
If you are curious, enthusiastic, kind, reliable, authentic, entrepreneurial, humble, innovative and supportive, we want to talk to you. You should have a work ethic that is suited for both service and team and has the adaptability and willingness to work together with different personalities in order to move practice group initiatives forward in an efficient way. The ideal candidate has the drive to figure things out and get it done.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day, you will:
- Schedule practice group meetings and prepare meeting agendas and materials, acquire necessary financial reports, distribute materials and agendas to appropriate members. Arrange meeting space, food and beverage service, videoconferencing and related IT/AV for all meeting locations
- Assist with the preparation of communications related to winning new work that will enhance the groups’ profile and reputation under the direction of the practice manager
- Participate in the collection, storage, maintenance and distribution of lawyers’ experience. Work with the practice managers to develop an effective system for each practice group that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers
- Work with the marketing and communications team to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice groups’ blogs and social media platforms as necessary
- Assist with tracking and monitoring practice group budgets under the direction of the practice manager
- Coordinate the management of sponsorships including payment, marketing and attendance at sponsorship events
- Assist in the research in support of new business opportunities as identified by attorneys or practice managers
- Coordinate seminars, webinars and events for assigned practice groups. Support the practice managers on major events and serve as a liaison to the event planning team
- Attend practice group meetings, assist with financial report development, and provide marketing support and general practice group operational support
- Administer practice group intranet / Microsoft Teams pages, including but not limited to: posting updates, maintaining links and resource lists, PowerPoint libraries, substantive material, and practice group calendar
- May require travel to other out of state offices, as necessary
Join us if you have:
- The demonstrated strong attention to detail, ability to take ownership of projects, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all firm functions as well as with clients and other business contacts
- A demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- An ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and composed manner
- The demonstrated ability to work independently while also acting as part of a high-functioning team
- A strong proficiency with MS Office Products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology
A college degree and demonstrated academic excellence or previous work experience in a law firm or professional services setting is strongly preferred, but we are open to candidates with an interest in marketing from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: otGDffwL