Paralegal - Technology
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Technology Paralegal to join our Technology, Privacy & Security group in our Seattle office.
This position is responsible for providing expert paralegal support to attorneys who practice in the area of technology transactions and related commercial and intellectual property agreements. We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are a detail-oriented paralegal with a demonstrated history of exercising sound judgment while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Draft, edit and proof documents including but not limited to: letters, service orders, work orders; amendments and other addenda
- Review SOWs and other agreements for conformance to template versions and against established criteria
- Create template agreements/forms from sample executed agreements, fallback guides or other informational documents
- Provide project management and tracking
- Summarize/analyze agreements or data (bullet form, excel spreadsheet, word table)
- Provide due diligence reviews, conflict checks
- Set up and maintain document storage sites
- Assist DWT attorneys and staff with non-billable aspects of client relationship management work including but not limited to: reporting, project management, and general administrative duties
- Work with other group attorneys and paralegals on a team basis to provide coordinated billable and non-billable support to clients
- Provide additional support as needed
Join us if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a paralegal or in a related field, preferred
- College degree and completion of paralegal program of study, or clear demonstration of closely related or equivalent knowledge and skill
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook) for the creation and editing of documents, spreadsheets and electronic mail
- Proficiency in the use of computerized legal research and document retention databases for performance of legal research and effective management of case files
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Strong interest in working with technology clients
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and use a wide array of technology products and programs
- Strong time and task management skills with the ability to show initiative, manage multiple priorities and prioritize tasks, and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing, with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Excellent keyboarding, writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Experience in a mid-to-large size law firm is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.