Paralegal - TATE Group
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a dedicated legal professional to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for providing paralegal support to attorneys who practice in the area of technology transactions and related commercial and intellectual property agreements. This position requires an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist DWT attorneys and staff with non-billable aspects of client relationship management work including but not limited to: reporting, project management, and general administrative duties.
- Draft agreements utilizing term sheets, MOUs, existing sample agreements, or notes.
- Draft, edit and proof documents including but not limited to: letters, service orders, work orders; amendments and other addenda.
- Review SOWs and other agreements for conformance to template versions and against established criteria.
- Create template agreements/forms from sample executed agreements; fallback guides or other informational documents.
- Summarize/analyze agreements or data (bullet form, excel spreadsheet, word table).
- Provide due diligence reviews; conflict checks.
- Conduct research.
- Set up and maintain document storage sites.
- Work with other group attorneys and paralegals on a team basis to provide coordinated billable and non-billable support to clients.
- Provide additional support as needed.
- College degree and completion of paralegal program of study, or clear demonstration of closely related or equivalent knowledge and skill.
- 5+ years of experience as a paralegal or in a related field, preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) for the creation and editing of documents, spreadsheets and electronic mail.
- Proficiency in the use of computerized legal research and document retention databases for performance of legal research and effective management of case files.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner.
- Strong interest in working with technology clients.
- Ability to show initiative, be proactive and prioritize tasks and to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills.