This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Network Engineer to join our team in either Seattle, Bellevue, Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Anchorage, New York, or Washington D.C office.
This position is responsible for developing and supporting the stable operation of the in-house network infrastructure and telecommunication in a team environment. This individual uses a highly developed technical skill set to design, implement, and operate core network infrastructure, develop processes and procedures, and assist in the implementation of systems projects and platforms in a diverse and dynamic technical environment.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Assist in the design, installation, administration, and maintenance of core networking and infrastructure to meet project and firm needs; including design, hardware selection and preparation, configuration, and administration
- Assist in the evaluation of network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure needs of the firm. Make hardware, software, and vendor recommendations. Participate in product evaluations, planning and implementation of systems, applications, and services
- Develop, implement and maintain guidelines, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and appropriate use
- Available 24/7 to respond to critical network service outages or incidents.
- Assist other Information Technology (IT) teams to coordinate, develop and recommend the design of functionally centralized and distributed network systems to meet the needs of the firm
- Develop and execute programs for continual measurement of the firm’s information systems performance and effectiveness. Evaluate reports to identify and correct deficiencies and irregular operations
- Recommend hardware/software or corrective action as needed to assure performance requirements for continuity of service, system response time, security, reporting, backup and recovery are met
- Pursue a formal and informal program of continuing education to develop and enhance skills to optimize the use of existing and new technologies
- Establish, coordinate, recommend and maintain standards and procedures to support the needs of the firm
- Participate in overall network administration, maintenance, and standards implementation
- Assist in the preparation of annual IT budget and meet annual budget targets
- Follow documented processes for change control and patch management
- Travel, if necessary
Join us if you have:
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Engineering, Communications or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience operating and maintaining large network environments
- 8+ years’ experience with various types of networking hardware required
- Experience with the following network technologies highly preferred:
- Cisco Firepower/ASA configuration and troubleshooting
- Viptella SD-WAN
- Cisco ACI Software Defined Networking.
- Meraki wireless and remote access configuration and troubleshooting.
- Cisco Anyconnect VPN client and back-end configuration.
- Cisco ISE/Microsoft NPS/Radius configuration.
- Solarwinds networking tools
- Azure hybrid cloud network policies and integration
- Possess expert-level knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including WAN and LAN design and operation, telecommunications systems, mobile communications, and / or power and cabling development. Cisco experience and certification strongly preferred
- Experience supporting mobile computing preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, are required
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience; experience working with customers and staff possessing a wide range of technical expertise is required
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner required
- A strong attention to detail and quality control required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently required
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 10 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #: o64ckfwq