Marketing/Public Relations Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an experienced Marketing/Public Relations Specialist to join our team in our Portland office.
As a member of the firm wide marketing/business development department, the Marketing/Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for supporting the marketing/business development leads and managers. The specialist will also work closely with other members of the department, as well as attorneys in the Portland office, to achieve practice-wide business development goals.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records
- Coordinate and provide support for client events, conferences, and other promotional activities
- Meet with local publications and reporters to secure media placements
- Draft internal and external communications and marketing materials
- Coordinate local practice and industry sponsorships and manage sponsorship budgets
- Encourage and facilitate lawyer involvement in the Portland community to fulfill individual and practice group business development plans
- Develop and maintain contacts throughout the Portland community to facilitate lawyer positioning on association and organization boards, programs and other opportunities
- Coordinate the overall administrative and communication functions and event organization as necessary to support special office events, community outreach, public relations, and alumni relations
- Oversee the engagement and utilization of employee volunteers
- Collaborate with firm social impact committee for the completion of special projects and to enhance relationships with community partner organizations; implement community outreach programs
- Create and distribute literature and multimedia materials, such as fliers and brochures, advertising available programs
- Arrange and conduct programs, services, and special events that strengthen and engage the community and develop relationships with internal and external clients
- Provide other marketing/business development assistance as required
- Provide support on request for proposals and new business pitches
- Provide administrative support for practice group and cross practice group meetings
- May require occasional travel to other offices
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years of professional services marketing is desired; law firm marketing experience is a plus
- College degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications, preferred
- Ability to take ownership of projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong writing skills and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Ability to interact with lawyers and staff at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products required. CMS and CRM experience, a plus
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.