Lead Billing Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Lead Billing Specialist to join our group in Seattle.
This position is responsible for maintaining work-in-progress records, processing client invoices, staff training, monitoring time entry deadlines, editing prebills, submitting invoices electronically, revising invoices and other tasks as assigned. The Lead Billing Specialist should be willing to learn, have a high comfort level with change, and be committed to ensuring the overall success of the Billing Department. This position will work closely with the Billing Manager in ensuring that the billing team is in line with the firm’s strategic goals.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
- Partner with teammates and other coworkers to identify and resolve issues and problems
- Keep your professional skills current by taking relevant training, continuing education courses, and conferences. Apply and share these skills back on the job to the betterment of the department and firm
- Be a critical thinker; think things through before asking someone else and use the resources available to you to find information and seek answers
- Maintain high quality standards within the team by supporting good practices and habits. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members, leadership, and other affected parties
In this role, you will:
- Assist billing specialists with process inquiries, complex revisions, and challenging requests
- Generate monthly prebills for the firm in the Aderant Expert Billing system
- Monitor time updates from the Intapp time entry system and check records for accuracy
- Work closely with the legal assistant staff to improve collaboration and service
- Monitor Paperless Prebill Workflow to ensure prebills are being turned around and processed in a timely manner
- Provide testing support for new software and software upgrades
- Adhere to and ensure staff follow established billing policies and procedures
- Provide primary and advanced bill processing training to billing specialists
- Process bill revisions in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide billing support for vacation absences
- Produce various statistical reports and client summaries
- Assist with other accounting projects, as needed
Join us if you have:
- Finance or Accounting Degree, or 5+ years relevant billing experience in an automated accounting department
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Products
- Knowledge of Elite or Aderant software
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must perform well under pressures of heavy volumes and requests
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
- Ability to work overtime as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.