This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Healthcare Paralegal to join our team in either our Los Angeles, Seattle, or Portland office. This role offers a hybrid schedule - you will work remotely two days a week.
This position is responsible for providing paralegal support in connection with the firm’s Healthcare practice group. The paralegal will support attorneys on matters that involve healthcare licensing, changes of ownership, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, corporate formation, federal and state tax and other matters for the firm’s healthcare clients.
This position requires a high level of independence, self-motivation, competency, efficiency, and professionalism, and is responsible for communications, which are often of a highly confidential nature. Candidate must be detail-orientated and be able to prioritize and multitask. The candidate must exercise sound judgment, and possess strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills while managing a heavy workload.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are detail-oriented and possess strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills, we want to talk to you.?
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Meet with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Prepare agency filings and/or draft responses to questions regarding procedural issues for agency filings.
- Prepare licensure and certification applications
- Research regulatory requirements implicated by various changes in ownership and corporate structures and interface with regulatory agencies regarding the same
- Submit and track Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Assist attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials, hearings, depositions or other proceedings.
- Assist with corporate formation, including drafting and filing formation documents with the applicable Secretary of State
- Act as primary interface with filing services for corporate filings
- Assist in preparing and revising organizational charts, bylaws, resolutions, and similar corporate documents
- Obtain relevant materials and citations from outside sources such as the Internet, public agencies, courts, and/or libraries, as well as case, statutory and/or regulatory law.
- Retrieve and review documents from clients and other parties.
- These responsibilities listed above may be ongoing or ad hoc in nature.
- Providing additional assistance as needed.
- Accurately and completely record billable time spent and tasks performed in accordance with firm policy and client-imposed billing protocols; enter and release time promptly in compliance with the firm’s announced deadlines.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Multi-state experience preferred.
- Experience with state healthcare facility licensing preferred.
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid enrollment preferred.
- Experience with IRS procedures preferred.
- Corporate experience and familiarity with Secretary of State procedures and filings preferred.
- Experience as a Healthcare paralegal preferred.
- Knowledge of court and agency procedures and rules.
- Knowledge of Relativity and other document review/hosting databases; PACER; CompuLaw; Lexis/Nexis; Westlaw; Microsoft Word; Outlook; Excel; and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers, clients and staff.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Flexibility for overtime.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do.? Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success.? We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way.? At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.? It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons.? If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #: odCcjfw4