Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team in our Seattle office. We offer a hybrid work engagement with two days of remote work, and three days in-office.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support to the firm’s Executive Committee, Managing Partner, and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), as well as other members of the administration team and committees. This position will also provide project coordination for the chief-level team on a variety of firmwide initiatives. We’re looking for a well-organized, expert communicator with high emotional intelligence who can be a trusted partner to our firm’s top leaders.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Managing Partner, the CAO, the CFO, and a variety of management committees
- Maintain multiple, complex calendars for executives and committees, including maintaining the Firm Calendar
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide logistical support for appointments, conference calls, meetings and events for the Executive Committee, CAO, practice groups, partners-in-charge, and other firm-wide committees
- Liaise with and assist the Travel/Events team with the coordination of firmwide meetings
- Manage Executive Committee and Share Committee meeting logistics, including scheduling meeting dates, pre-meeting dinners, and coordinating group travel
- Collaborate with departments and practice groups across the firm to plan agendas, execute events, share procedures, and suggest improvements to streamline processes
- Liaise with members of the chief level team and their staff to ensure the timely production of materials for meetings, events, and reports
- Draft correspondence, memoranda and other documents relating to the support of firm-wide initiatives at the direction of the Managing Partner, the Executive Committee and the CAO; proofread and edit documents
- Act as a project manager on strategic initiatives at the direction of the CAO
- Answer, screen, and respond to correspondence, independently providing information, guidance and assistance as necessary and within the appropriate levels of confidentiality and diplomacy
- Maintain confidential records for central firm operations (such as Committee meeting minutes, strategic plans, and leases) and act as firm historian
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
- Pursue additional duties and projects to support the Firm’s strategic plan and department initiatives
- Consistently evaluate internal administrative processes for opportunities to improve efficiency and decrease administrative burden on all parties involved
- Make arrangements for messenger, postal, fax or courier service
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
- Actively participate in additional training and seek out professional development opportunities
Join us if you have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience as an executive-level assistant, preferably in a law firm or other professional services organization
- Prior project coordination experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams) required. Working knowledge of document management systems preferred
- Exceptional grammar, proofreading and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure, communicate clearly, and handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Strong empathy and diplomacy to understand and respond to the needs of others
- Demonstrated change agility to balance competing priorities and adapt to changing business needs
- Demonstrated high degree of attention to detail and confidentiality
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision, and regularly update status reports
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $85,000 to $104,000 ($43.59 to $53.33 hourly). Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays each year and an employee assistance program. For full-time employees, the initial vacation benefit is 15 days per year and 11 days of sick leave per year, accrued bi-weekly. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.