This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to join our team in Seattle.
This position is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support to the firm’s Executive Committee, Managing Partner, and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), as well as other members of the administration team and committees. This position will also provide project coordination for the chief-level team on a variety of initiatives. This position is relied upon to offer creative ideas and solutions to improve efficiencies for the executive leadership team.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Managing Partner, the CAO, and a variety of management committees
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide logistical support for appointments, conference calls, meetings and events for the Executive Committee, CAO, practice groups, partners-in-charge, and other firm-wide committees. Maintain calendars for the same, including the Firm Calendar
- Liaise with members of the chief level team and their staff to ensure the timely production of materials for meetings and events outlined above
- Draft correspondence, memoranda and other documents relating to the support of firm-wide initiatives at the direction of the Managing Partner, and CAO; proofread and edit documents
- Act as a project manager on various strategic initiatives at the direction of the CAO
- Answer, screen, and respond to phone calls, independently providing information, guidance and assistance as necessary and within the appropriate levels of confidentiality
- Maintain confidential records for central firm operations (such as Committee meeting minutes, strategic plans, and leases) and act as firm historian
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
- Pursue additional duties and projects to support the Firm’s strategic plan and department initiatives.
- Liaise with and assist the Events team with the coordination of firmwide meetings
- Consistently evaluate internal administrative processes for opportunities to improve efficiency and decrease administrative burden on all parties involved
- Make arrangements for messenger, postal, fax or courier service
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
- Participate in additional training as needed
Join us if you have:
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- 3+ years’ experience as an executive-level assistant, preferably in a law firm or other professional services organization
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio); working knowledge of document management systems preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Experience balancing competing priorities
- Demonstrated high degree of attention to detail and confidentiality
- Exceptional grammar, proofreading and organizational skills
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades
- Prior project coordination experience
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide status reports on assigned projects independently
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.