eDiscovery Project Manager
The Practice Support eDiscovery Project Manager (“Project Manager”) will guide and support Davis Wright Tremaine’s legal teams by providing exceptional litigation support and eDiscovery services, ensuring quality and timeliness of each project. Project Managers work directly with the legal teams on assigned matters through all-phases of the litigation lifecycle. Project Managers also work with other members in the practice support department, including the Practice Support Analysts, to collaborate on solutions for eDiscovery projects, and provide work to those team members while confirming proper specifications for the completion of each project. Project Managers may also assist with and/or provide additional support on other matters as requested.
Project Managers are liaisons between the legal teams and the practice support department. Project Managers assist with the coordination of all-phases of eDiscovery for a matter, from preservation and collection through production of electronically stored information (“ESI”). Project Managers utilize their judgement, knowledge and experience to provide support in developing eDiscovery recommendations, plans, cost estimates, budgets, and procedures and specifications for case-specific projects.
In addition, Project Managers are responsible on a case level for handling multiple projects concurrently and providing solutions to meet the specific matter requirements. Project Managers also provide direction and advice to applying advanced review technologies, managing document reviews and productions, and utilizing case or project management software to support legal teams.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice, and the support is unparalleled.
Project Management Support
- Provide practice support project management to legal teams, including:
- Consultation with case teams and clients regarding e-discovery, including early case assessment, forensic collections, processing, culling and filtering, document reviews, productions, and database administration
- Create cost estimates, budgets and time estimates for the completion of various tasks over the course of discovery
- Collaborate and consult on preservation and collection of ESI, including communications with internal client information technology professionals, as required
- Provide and assist with technical support, including database design, loading data into review platforms, running searches and providing back-end operational support as needed
- Identify and engage third-party service providers, in conjunction with the Practice Support Director and/or Practice Support Manager
- Assist with developing and vetting applicable search terms and/or deployment of analytics as required on specific matters
- Assist with and develop appropriate document review protocols, direct document reviews
- Assist legal teams with preparations for CR 26 meet and confer conferences, and provide insight and/or samples of language for use in developing instructions for the production of ESI in response to discovery requests and/or inclusion within ESI court orders and/or protective orders
- Familiarity with industry best practices surrounding ESI collection, culling, review, and production
- Disciplined approach in entering and releasing time for work performed
- Manage multiple matters and projects from collection through trial
- Understand, contribute, improve, and evangelize department practices and procedures
- Harness creativity and collaboration with team members to innovate and solve litigation support challenges
- Dedication to self-education regarding eDiscovery industry news, technologies, and other practice support topics
- Provide input and training to legal teams to promote understanding and acceptance of technology
- Provide visibility to legal teams as a “go-to” person for practice support solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Relativity and understanding of other eDiscovery platforms, including the integration of other eDiscovery platforms within Relativity
- Basic understanding of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (“EDRM”) and various phases of litigation matters
- Work with the practice support department to implement features in Relativity for legal teams
- Work as a key member of the practice support department to improve firm-wide procedures and practices across the firm, including department initiatives and workload/workflow within the practice support department
- Provide off-hours support, as needed and necessary
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal degree or certificate and 7+ years of related work experience, or equivalent
- Technology certifications such as ACEDS, Relativity Certified Administrator, or other eDiscovery-related certifications are strongly encouraged
- Superior knowledge and capabilities operating litigation technology systems and platforms, with specific emphasis in Relativity
- Advanced knowledge of industry-standard applications and trending best practices, in conjunction with excellent project management skills, including planning, organization, and execution of practice support projects
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work within scheduling constraints in high-pressure situations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional IQ in order to interact with all levels of the legal team, especially when providing opinions and making decisions relating to practice support and eDiscovery issues
- Initiative and “can-do” attitude with the ability to anticipate issues and exercise mindful and productive responses
- Keen desire to learn in a continuously evolving and developing technology-based landscape
- Knowledge and general understanding of various technical applications, including file formats and data types, media sources, ephemeral data (e.g. external media sources, social media, mobile devices, etc.) and other asymmetrical data sources
Who We Are?
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oO3VffwL