Cybersecurity Operations Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on cybersecurity experience at one of the top law firms in the United States! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an eager, innovative, hard-working Cybersecurity Operations Analyst to join our team in any of our offices.
This position is responsible for assisting in the ongoing protection of Davis Wright Tremaine’s nationwide information assets, including its computers, networks, programs, and data, from unwanted cyber-attacks, cyber intrusions, and other threats.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Patrol DWT networks looking for anomalous activity using DWT’s extensive cybersecurity toolkit
- Perform networking and endpoint monitoring for threats in DWT’s environment
- Be prepared to respond nimbly and effectively to possible cyber incidents
- Assist with incident investigation, handling and documentation; and ensure remediation steps timelines are understood
- Remain abreast of the latest cybersecurity news, including assessing the implications for DWT’s systems of newly identified vulnerabilities
- Maintain awareness on the evolving tactics, techniques, and procedures of sophisticated malicious cyber actors
- Assist with further developing response to phishing, malware, and other cyber threats to DWT
- Acts as a single point of contact to facilitate and prioritize security-related support requests to the broader IT organization
Join us if you have:
- Strong interest and knowledge in the field of cybersecurity
- Comprehensive understanding of phishing, malware, and other adversary tactics and techniques
- Knowledge of how to break an adversary’s attack chain via defensive measures (attack surface hardening, signature tuning, perimeter blocks, abuse reporting, etc.)
- Experience correlating activity across multiple systems (including querying security events systems) as part of hunting anomalous activity, patrolling, and investigations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or engineering desired, advanced education in computer science, cybersecurity, or engineering a plus
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with network and computer technologies
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally with all levels of a professional services organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment in both team and independent settings
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters
- Security+, Network+, Certified Ethical Hacker, and operating system-specific certifications (especially Microsoft)
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: CrowdStrike Falcon, Rapid7 Insight IDR, PowerShell, Mimecast, Splunk
- Familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Expertise hunting and patrolling networks and endpoints, including the use of Metasploit, nmap, and Wireshark
- Rudimentary computer programming and scripting skills
- Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and analysis: identifies issues; analyzes information to assess root cause, relationships, and risks; recommends realistic/achievable responses
- Proven ability to synthesize and summarize complex data into concise recommendations and reports
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels
- Consistently delivers on commitments, deadlines and objectives while remaining in scope and leveraging appropriate tools, methods, frameworks, and professional standards
- Ability to build trust and credibility with business partners and leadership while recommending initiatives, and identifying gaps and potential issues
- Ability to work independently while representing the services of the department with the highest level of professionalism
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #: oMOchfwN