Cybersecurity Analyst I
Davis Wright Tremaine is a 600-attorney, AMLaw-100 firm and we are seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst I to join our team in Seattle.
The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for the ongoing protection of Davis Wright Tremaine’s worldwide information assets, including its computers, networks, programs, and data, from unwanted cyber-attacks, cyber intrusions, and other threats.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
In this role you will:
- Patrol DWT networks, review security audits and logs, and regularly verify the cybersecurity controls in place as part of DWT’s Information Security Management System
- Participate in assessing the cybersecurity of DWT vendors and contractors as well as respond to client reviews of DWT’s cybersecurity posture
- Be prepared to respond nimbly and effectively to possible cyber incidents
- Provide incident investigation, handling and documentation; and ensure remediation steps timelines are understood
- Remain abreast of the latest cybersecurity news, including assessing the implications for DWT’s systems of newly-identified vulnerabilities
- Maintain expertise on the evolving tactics, techniques, and procedures of sophisticated malicious cyber actors
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar technology based role or equivalent academic coursework
- College degree preferred; advanced education in computer science or engineering a plus
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with network and computer technologies
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally with all levels of a professional services organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and in both team and independent settings
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters required
- Must pass background investigation
- Educational focus on computer science or engineering
- Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, and operating system-specific certifications (especially Microsoft)
- Familiarity with risk management principles
- Expertise with Metasploit
- Expertise with network protocols and the basics of TCP/IP
- Rudimentary computer programming and scripting skills
- Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and analysis: identifies issues, analyzes information to assess root cause and relationships, risks, and potential risk responses; proven ability to synthesize and summarize complex data into concise recommendations and reports
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels
- Consistently delivers on commitments, deadlines and objectives while remaining in scope and leveraging appropriate tools, methods, frameworks, and professional standards
- Ability to build trust and credibility with business partners and leadership while recommending initiatives, and identifying gaps and potential issues
- Ability to work independently while representing the services of the department with the highest level of professionalism
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.