Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking a part-time litigation attorney for engagement through the firm’s flexible and alternative-track attorney program, DWTSurge. This position is fully remote. This position will work with the Firm’s litigation practice group and will be dedicated to supporting third-party subpoena requests and responses for a global DWT client. California bar admission is required.
Attorneys with prior experience in-house from medium/large litigation firms or technology corporations, who are seeking hours that are more flexible, are encouraged to apply. In addition to flexibility, candidates can expect to work closely with DWT attorneys as part of a collaborative team, providing high-value legal services to clients.
This contract position will be part-time, averaging 15-20 hours per week. While the engagement is for an initial 6-month contract term, there is potential to renew the contract position on an ongoing, yearlong basis for successful candidates. Attorneys would be joining a long-standing team of other contract attorneys who have developed successful, ongoing relationships with DWT attorneys and clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of litigation experience in a law firm or in-house legal setting
- Experience responding to and negotiating third-party subpoenas
- Bar admission in CA
- Scalable, high volume, experience with an emphasis on representing large technology corporations (including ecommerce, consumer-facing companies, and/or retail) preferred
- Availability to work an average of 15 hours per week, with flexibility to increase hours, as needed
- Strong negotiation skills and client-relationship building skills
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and ability to produce high quality work product with minimal supervision and direction
- Confidence managing deadlines and effective communication with clients about deadlines
- Demonstrated success working on both high volume programmatic legal matters, and high-impact strategic complex litigation
Please note that this is a temporary contract position managed by DWT’s flexible attorney program, DWTSurge. Compensation will be paid on an hourly basis, commensurate with experience and skill level (see below). This is a non-benefitted role. We are interested in candidates electing to pursue a more flexible way of providing continuous, high-value legal services to the firm and our clients. If you are interested in a more traditional law firm position, please check the DWT careers page for lateral opportunities.
The hourly range for this position is $80 to $100 per/hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Part-time contract attorneys may be eligible for 401(k), and paid sick leave.
Additional benefits include:
- First Stop Health Telemedicine: Speak with a licensed physician or mental health counselor 24/7, covered by the firm
- TELUS Health Employee Assistance Program: Receive support with mental, financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Milk Stork: Virtual lactation consulting, breast milk shipping and nutritional testing covered by the firm
- Wellness Benefits:
- Peloton App
- Headspace App
Paid sick leave is accrued on a biweekly basis at a rate of 1 hour per 30 hours worked.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to DWTSurge Recruiting Manager, Mariah Watson, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently not accepting third party submissions for this opportunity.
We are an AmLaw 100 law firm with eleven offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine - central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals - including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession - can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data for your candidate. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.