Contract IP Enforcement Attorney (Remote)
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking a contract attorney with experience handling IP enforcement and unfair competition litigation for engagement through the firm’s flexible and alternative-track attorney program, DWTSurge. This position is fully remote. This position will work with the Firm’s litigation practice group and will be dedicated to supporting IP enforcement, consumer protection, and unfair competition litigation matters for a global DWT client.
This contract position will be 25 hours per week, with the possibility of increasing to 40 hours per week. While the engagement is for an initial 6-month contract term, we anticipate the work to remain relatively steady and there is a possibility of renewal for additional terms for successful candidates. We are looking for attorneys interested in flexible, remote work, and who seek to establish a long-term arrangement working with DWT on an exclusive basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of litigation experience in a large law firm setting and representing corporate clients.
- Experience with IP, consumer protection, and/or unfair competition litigation would be helpful but is not required.
- Experience working for a top Am Law firm preferred.
- Residency and active bar admission in one of the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, KS, MD, MN, MT, NY, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WDC.
- Close attention to detail, with the ability to catch errors and proofread complex documents.
- Strong briefing skills and the ability to conduct substantive research.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with DWT on an exclusive basis.
- Flexibility to increase work hours, as needed.
- Ability to support west coast hours while working remotely.
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to produce high quality work product in a high-volume practice.
Please note that this is a temporary contract position managed by DWT’s flexible contract attorney program, DWTSurge. Compensation will be paid on an hourly basis, commensurate with experience and skill level (see below). This is a benefitted full-time role. We are interested in candidates who are electing to pursue a more flexible way of providing continuous, high-value legal services to the firm and our clients. If you are interested in a more traditional law firm position, please check the DWT careers page for lateral opportunities.
The hourly range for this position in CA, WA, and New York is $90 to $110 per hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full-time contract attorneys may be eligible for health insurance, vision care, 401(k), and paid sick leave.
Additional benefits include:
- First Stop Health Telemedicine: Speak with a licensed physician or mental health counselor 24/7, covered by the firm
- TELUS Health Employee Assistance Program: Receive support with mental, financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Milk Stork: Virtual lactation consulting, breast milk shipping and nutritional testing covered by the firm
- Wellness Benefits:
- Peloton App
- Headspace App
Paid sick leave is accrued on a biweekly basis at a rate of 1 hour per 30 hours worked.
All applications should be submitted via LinkedIn or by sending a resume and cover letter directly to DWTSurge Recruiting Manager, Mariah Watson, at email@example.com. The DWTSurge Recruiting team will be in touch as we review your application materials.
For this opportunity, we are not currently accepting third party submissions.
We are an AmLaw 100 law firm with eleven offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine - central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals - including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession - can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.