Contract Cybercrime Enforcement Attorney (Remote)
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is searching for a contract attorney to support its cybercrime and intellectual property enforcement work within the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Candidates with availability to work full time are preferred, but candidates looking for part-time engagement or reduced schedules will also be considered.
Attorneys with prior experience in-house or mid-to-large size firms, who are looking for more flexible hours, are encouraged to apply. Experience representing technology clients is a plus, but not required. In addition to flexibility and the ability to work remotely, candidates can expect to work closely with DWT attorneys and other contract attorneys as part of a collaborative team, providing high-value legal services to clients.
This contract position will be for full time hours, averaging 40 hours per week, but candidates with part-time availability of at least 25 hours/week may be considered. While the engagement is for an initial 6-month contract term, there is potential to renew the contract position on an ongoing, yearlong basis for successful candidates.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience handling litigation matters in a law firm, prosecutors’ office, or government legal department
- A passion for protecting clients and the public from harm caused by internet bad actors
- An interest in focusing on internet fraud and brand protection cases and investigations
- An ability to work on both high volume programmatic legal matters, and high-impact strategic complex litigation
- Ability to work remotely
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent research and writing abilities
- Client-centric service mindset
- Ability to work full time for an average of 40 hours per week is preferred. Subject to deadlines and certain time constraints, the attorney could largely set their own "office hours".
Please note that this is a contract-based position managed by DWT’s flexible contract attorney program, DWTSurge. The position is non-benefitted, and compensation will be on an hourly basis, commensurate with experience and skill level (See below). We are interested in candidates who are electing to pursue a more flexible way of providing continuous, high-value legal services to the firm and our clients. If you are interested in a more traditional law firm position, please check the DWT careers page for lateral opportunities.
The hourly range for this position in CA, WA, and New York is $80 to $100 per hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Additional benefits include:
- First Stop Health Telemedicine: Speak with a licensed physician or mental health counselor 24/7, covered by the firm
- TELUS Health Employee Assistance Program: Receive support with mental, financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Milk Stork: Virtual lactation consulting, breast milk shipping and nutritional testing covered by the firm
- Peloton App
- Headspace App
Paid sick leave is accrued on a biweekly basis at a rate of 1 hour per 30 hours worked.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to DWTSurge Recruiting Manager Mariah Watson, at Mariahwatson@dwt.com. We are currently not accepting third party submissions for this opportunity.
We are an AmLaw 100 law firm with eleven offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine - central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals - including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession - can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.