This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. We are looking for an enthusiastic customer-service oriented professional to join our team in Portland. This position provides coverage as needed in concierge, mailroom and copy center areas; including answering phones, meeting set-up services, deliveries and copying needs. This position requires an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
Work Schedule: 10:00 am - 6:30pm, Monday through Friday
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides coverage in areas of reception, hospitality and copy center.
- Clean and restocking break stations, conference rooms, lunchrooms and attorney lounge.
- Conference and event space set-up and clean-up; including loading dishwashers and maintaining break areas.
- Maintain inventory, order and stock supplies for lunchrooms and events.
- Order food/beverages as needed for meetings and events.
- Greeting and directing visitors to the firm. Answering a multiple line telephone system.
- Receive hand delivered client documents and send out the appropriate document delivery notifications to attorneys and staff.
- Assist with routing of client deliveries to the appropriate attorneys and staff.
- Maintain on-line calendar for multiple conference rooms and using discretion when booking and prioritizing or coordinating room changes.
- Assist staff and attorneys with reserving conference/meeting rooms and visitor offices.
- Assist visitors with all reasonable needs they may have such as copying, faxing, scanning, transportation, reservations, etc.
- Triage requests from attorneys, staff and clients to accommodate needs. Coordinate priorities with Concierge team.
- Maintain a clean and organized appearance of the reception area; organizing current periodicals on the tables, controlling lighting, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook. Familiarity with OneNote is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED Certification.
- Ability to understand and follow work directions.
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate both orally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment.