Concierge Services Coordinator - Office Assistant
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Concierge Services Coordinator to join our team in our Washington D.C. office. This is an essential position that expects a five day in-office presence.
The Concierge Services Coordinator is focused on building and developing a team of brand ambassadors that will be the first point of contact with Davis Wright Tremaine personnel and guests. You will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to foster a welcoming environment reflective of the Firm’s values, vision, and objectives.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Greet guests and visitors warmly, making them feel welcome and invited.
- Setup and clean-up of specific office functions such as internal meetings, social hours/mixers, and other events.
- Maintain visitor office spaces daily to ensure they are clean, stocked with normal supplies and prepared for visitor use; assist with prepping identified spaces as needed for unscheduled DWT guests.
- Provide real-time support for meetings on all office floors, connect with meeting organizers to ensure accuracy of requests, and set-up or break down meeting rooms as needed.
- Arrange for all catering needs by acting as a liaison between food service vendors and the requester to ensure proper food order and delivery time, obtain appropriate chargeback information and prepare expense reports, and maintain a log of employee dietary restrictions with catering preferences.
- Provide food and beverage service to all conference rooms, meeting rooms and other event locations (off-site) as necessary.
- Assist visiting attorneys with requests such as secretarial support, car services, messenger services, and scheduling onsite office space.
- Maintain visitor and shared office space, conference rooms, and meeting space to ensure that they are clean, appropriately stocked, and prepared for use.
- Monitor team mailbox and chat-based workspace and respond to emails and office correspondence in a timely manner.
- Use various software applications, such as Microsoft 365 to help complete tasks throughout the day and help maintain electronic office reference materials and Intranet Portal pages as needed.
- Help plan, coordinate, and execute on office/client internal and external events, as well as assist with organizing and planning of special office events throughout the year, including office holiday parties and summer picnics.
- Secure rooms for meetings and conferences by using online scheduling software and follow up with the meeting organizers to establish best practices and capture lessons learned through surveys and anecdotal data.
- Arrange for temporary IDs (keycards) for visiting and onsite employees, guests, and vendors; help maintain visitor logs and management system, supporting a secure and safe work environment.
- Assist with maintaining inventory by ordering and stocking office supplies for common areas such as breakrooms, conference and meeting rooms, and supply rooms; help with streamlining vendor contacts and supplier management, and ensure shared office spaces are adequately set up for hybrid office schedules.
- Provide backup and overflow support to the office services staff and reception as needed, including scanning, copying, answering the phone, and drafting documents.
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years’ related work experience in reception, office support, customer service, and copy or mailroom environment.
- An ability to work effectively in a team-orientated, service environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; dependable team player; well organized; self-starter; strong attention to detail; must possess good judgement and decision making skills.
- A high degree of attention to detail, quality control, and confidentiality as a trusted collaborator to help colleagues better understand their guests’ needs while leveraging the most appropriate resources.
- The ability to identify and respond to customer/client issues/problems in a timely manner, and seek feedback/follow-up as appropriate.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with lawyers, clients, staff, vendors, and other business contacts; both in verbal and written formats.
- The ability to learn and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work under deadline pressures with minimal supervision; includes taking ownership of a problem associated with an assigned task and/or on behalf of the team when a business crisis occurs.
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required; knowledge of all MS Office products strongly preferred. Demonstrated experience with scanning, uploading email, responding to internal text and chat messages, following email attachment procedures, file sharing, encryptions, etc.
- A professional demeanor and neat appearance while dressing appropriately for physical work.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, be on feet most of the work day and use various pieces of services department equipment.
- The ability to read and write English proficiently.
- The ability to work extended hours or periodically change hours if needed.
- Schedule flexibility; you may be required to change work shift temporarily to accommodate special coverage needs - come in early or work later as needed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.