Communications Program Manager (Remote)
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP has an immediate need to engage a contract Communications Program Manager through DWTSurge, the firm’s alternative staffing program. This individual will assist the Litigation Practice Group in supporting a corporate client’s legal team.
This position will involve close and exclusive collaboration with the DWT client. The individual will help to coordinate internal communication for the client’s legal team. This is an exciting opportunity to assist with the development of a cross-functional communication plan which will also support other teams within the company.
Candidates must be detail-oriented, able to exercise sound judgment, and possess strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments. Individuals with communications &/or PR experience are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be willing to accommodate a west coast business schedule. Compensation is on an hourly basis. We anticipate that the role will require full-time hours, 37.5 hours per week, but we may also be interested in experienced candidates who are seeking reduced schedules or less than full-time hours. The amount of work may vary week to week and a minimum number of hours of work per week is not guaranteed. Upon the completion of the initial 12-month contract, successful candidates will be considered for a possibility of extension. Exclusivity is required.
- Collaborate with client contacts to establish communication plans and strategies
- Publish team updates using online tools such as the internal website and newsletter
- Draft communications
- Manage inventory of team templates
- Use data tracking tools to monitor communication efforts
- Stay apprised of business developments and proactively identify strategies to advance team objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in communications or public relations is preferred; candidates with related experience and strong academic background will be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience using tech tools such as SQL, coding, and other analytics, in addition to the willingness to adapt to and learn new technology
- The ability to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, and courteous manner
- The willingness to contribute to a team-oriented environment, while providing excellent customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to think outside of the box to find solutions
Please note that this is an alternative track, contract-based position managed by DWT’s flexible contract staffing program, DWTSurge. We are interested in candidates who are seeking growth opportunities in the legal industry and are interested in providing continuous, high-value client service to the Firm’s attorneys and to our clients. Compensation will be paid on an hourly basis, commensurate with experience and skill level (see below). Medical benefits will be provided if full-time. If you are interested in a more traditional legal staff position, please check the DWT careers page for staff opportunities.
The hourly range for this position is $45-75/hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Medical benefits will be provided if full-time.
Additional benefits may include:
- First Stop Health Telemedicine: Speak with a licensed physician or mental health counselor 24/7, covered by the firm
- TELUS Health Employee Assistance Program: Receive support with mental, financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Milk Stork: Virtual lactation consulting, breast milk shipping and nutritional testing covered by the firm
- Wellness Benefits: Peloton, Headspace
Sick leave is accrued on a biweekly basis at a rate of 1 hour per 30 hours worked.
All applications should be submitted via dwt.com or by sending a resume and cover letter directly to DWTSurge Recruiter, Nika Bennett, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The DWTSurge Recruiting team will be in touch as we review your application materials.
For this opportunity, we are not currently accepting third party submissions.
We are an AmLaw 100 law firm with eleven offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine - central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals - including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession - can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.