This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a CLE Assistant to join our Professional Development team in Seattle.
This position is responsible for supporting the Senior CLE Specialist with seeking Continuing Legal Education (CLE) accreditation for internal and external CLE programs as well as assisting with ensuring DWT attorneys are in compliance in the jurisdictions in which they are licensed to practice law.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Provide CLE administrative support for internal and external Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) programs sponsored by DWT, to include drafting MCLE applications, verifying attendance, submitting attendance reports as required by jurisdictions, sending program evaluations and issuing MCLE certificates under the supervision of the Senior CLE Specialist
- Assist with data entry into ViGlobal the firm's CLE tracking database
- Generate CLE forms for external and internal CLE programs: sign in sheets, evaluations, remote attendance and other as needed
- Act as CLE liaison for programs offered internally firm-wide
- Assist with maintaining required MCLE program files, both electronic and hardcopy
- Assist with maintaining the firm-wide training calendar in vi-LMS; includes adding courses and monitoring/tracking course attendance in vi-LM
- Assist with tracking and generating data on training programs and related initiatives including program evaluation
- Assist with promotion of CLE subscription services and in-house CLE programs.
- Maintain the firm’s membership roster for Practising Law Institute
- Assist with general administrative support for the Professional Development team
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years prior experience in a law firm or other professional services organization is desired
- College degree preferred or equivalent combination of relevant work experience or education
- Demonstrated proficiency with or ability to learn portal-related web design programs; previous experience with Vi or ability to learn and use database application preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers and staff, both in written and verbal communications
- Strong client service skills, including understanding and responding to a variety of inquiries and requests
- Strong attention to detail
- Analysis and organizational skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.