Business Intake Analyst
As a member of the firm-wide Information Governance department, the Business Intake Analyst will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to the screening of potential client engagements in accordance with the firm's risk management procedures and policies. This position can be fully remote working within Seattle, LA, Portland, or San Francisco markets.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are detail-oriented, stellar communication skills and the ambition to learn, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Gather and analyze financial, credit, and other information from external corporate databases (such as Dun and Bradstreet, TLO, Bloomberg, etc.) and general internet searches from a risk management perspective
- Work with intake attorneys and reviewing attorneys (Practice Group heads and Partners in Charge) responsible for new client and new matter intake in evaluating risk management issues related to new clients and matters Work with litigation partners to assess financial viability of potential new matters through external corporate research and analysis
- Run special searches as needed, to identify potential risk management or business issues with respect to incoming lateral attorneys, potential mergers, and other special circumstances
- Participate in special projects involving new business intake best practices and risk management initiatives
- Partner with the QAC Paralegals to assist the Claims Counsel and General Counsel with interpreting and executing Litigation Holds, Subpoenas, and Protective Orders
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years’ experience with data intake processing and analyzing risk assessment reports; customer service experience in a professional services organization preferred
- Prior experience with corporate risk assessment analysis, including the ability to analyze and report on information from third-party databases such as Dun and Bradstreet, Lexis, TLO, Bloomberg, etc. strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Attention to detail, analysis and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, including understanding and responding quickly to a variety of inquiries
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.? Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.? It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.? We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.? It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oF6wgfwh