Accounting + People Management
The Billing Supervisor leads a team of dedicated legal Billing Specialists supporting our attorneys throughout the firm. The billing department is the core of the firm - we drive revenue by translating and communicating the value of the billable hour to our clients. The Billing Supervisor takes the lead, drives our team to meet the needs of the firm, and serves as an expert on billing applications and accounting best practices.
If you are ready to step into a leadership role in a well-established law firm, we want to hear from you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity.
Join us if you can:
- Motivate and develop a team of billing specialists, with an emphasis on our team’s core values of excellent client service, big-picture thinking, and issue ownership.
- Build strong relationships with attorneys and legal support teams, and earn the trust of peers and colleagues in your ability to apply good judgment and provide direction to your team.
- Master the Aderant billing system, including becoming the expert on client/matter set-ups, template modifications, rate hierarchy, workflow processes, and complicated client billing arrangements.
- Collaborate with teams firm-wide (including attorneys, practice managers, legal assistants, and others) to implement billing initiatives and process changes that will help maximize firm revenue and optimize billing efficiency.
- Lead your team by having individual performance discussions, providing coaching, conducting bi-annual check-ins, and handling employee relations conversations.
- Understand and document the policies, procedures, and best practices for the Billing team; share that knowledge with the team using tip sheets, training videos, one-on-one training sessions, and other means.
- Maintain an environment of open communication and transparency within the billing team and other departments.
Five or more years of accounting experience and three years of supervisory experience is helpful, but candidates with non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed are encouraged to apply.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with six offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.