Start your career in accounting and client services
Billing Proofreaders are business partners to our attorneys and are integral to client relationships – they translate and communicate the value of the billable hour to our clients through accurate proofreading billing invoices and memos, coordinating corrections with billing specialists, mailing and emailing invoices, part time cash receipts, maintaining electronic filing and other tasks as assigned.
If you are looking to start a career in a well-established law firm, we want to hear from you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity.
Join us if you can:
- Proofread and edit final billing invoices at a high volume, with expert knowledge of grammar, spelling, and DWT timekeeping style guide
- Consistently meet billing cycle deadlines, with an ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency while keeping a calm demeanor
- Distribute invoices to clients via physical mail or email, demonstrating a high level of customer service skills and independent problem solving
- Maintain Billing Workflow Spreadsheet, utilizing intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel including conditional formatting and basic functions
- Create and maintain OneNote notebook for specific attorney/client billing preferences and/or requirements with a keen attention to detail and highly developed organization skills
- Maintain electronic filing system for department pertaining to invoicing and handle records storage
- Oversee physical mailing through collaborating with office support services, owning the process to ensure the timely distribution of client bills
- Learn to assist billing specialist and work as backup within the department (making corrections on proofed invoices, backup billing)
- Independently post and research client payments, with a sense of ownership and accountability
- Collaborate with teams firm-wide (including attorneys, practice managers, legal assistants, and others) to help innovate billing initiatives and adapt changes that will help maximize firm revenue and optimize billing efficiency
A background in accounting or proofreading is helpful, but we’re willing to train motivated, entry-level candidates who have exemplary customer service and polished communication skills. Candidates with non-traditional backgrounds who have transferable skills to succeed are encouraged to apply.
Who are We?
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We deliver value that includes not just best-in-class legal service but also business insight, user-friendliness and flawless support.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.