This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start their career in legal support and work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an enthusiastic Administrative Secretary to join the Seattle office. This is an entry-level position which is designed to provide assistance to legal secretaries and other administrative staff on a task basis.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and complete training classes.
- Assist legal secretaries and other administrative staff with assigned tasks which may include administrative tasks, entering attorney time, preparing binders, organizing files, and other projects as assigned.
- Self-starter with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately type 50+ wpm.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates.
- Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- A highly professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in calm, composed manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow client confidentiality guidelines.
- At least one year experience in a professional office preferred.