2L Spring 2024 Privacy & Security Diversity Law Clerk
The law clerk will be responsible for supporting DWT’s Privacy & Security practice by writing blog posts and conducting legal research regarding developments in the law. DWT’s team of dedicated privacy and security specialists serves a wide range of industries at all levels of sophistication, including some of the country’s largest and most respected health care systems, telecom providers, and multinational financial institutions, as well as some of the most influential technology companies, along with start-ups and smaller cutting-edge companies.
The 2L Diversity Privacy & Security Diversity Law Clerk opportunity is available to all second-year law students who:
* Commit to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive legal profession;
* Currently attend an ABA-Accredited law school
* Are able to commit to 5-10 hours of work each week during Spring semester in 2024.
* Are interested in collaborating with Privacy & Security attorneys contributing to blog posts, client alerts, and presentations.
* Are highly organized, able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
* Have great communication skills, both written and verbal.
The hourly salary for this position in New York is $40.00/hour. Law Clerks are eligible to accrue sick leave in accordance with DWT’s Sick & Safe Leave policy.
We require the following application materials:
* Current resume (please omit GPA information);
* Cover letter (describing why you have an interest in working with our Privacy & Security practice and explaining how you meet the criteria set forth above);
* List of two or three professional references, one of whom should be a person qualified to comment on your law school work and/or other related professional skill and experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until Sunday, February 25, 2024, 11:59 p.m. (ET).
We are an AmLaw 100 law firm with ten offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.
Pay: up to $40/hour
both written and verbal. <br><br>The hourly salary for this position in New York is $40.00/hour
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 39149