This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an experienced IP professional, to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for providing paralegal support to attorneys who practice in the area of trademark law. This position requires an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling all aspects of U.S. prosecution and maintenance; preparing and filing trademark applications; preparing responses to USPTO office actions; preparing and filing renewals and statements of use; collecting evidence of use for prosecution, maintenance and conflict matters; drafting client correspondence; recording assignments and other documents; copyright searching and filing.
- Instructing and working with foreign counsel on clearance, trademark filings, office actions, renewals and other prosecution and conflict matters.
- Legalization of documents.
- Assisting with inter partes matters.
- Performing and reviewing trademark and copyright searches.
- Investigation of possible infringements.
- Managing trademark docket.
- Generating and editing status reports.
- Performing internet research projects and other special projects on an as needed basis.
- Additional assistance as needed.
- Three-plus years of experience as an intellectual property/trademark paralegal are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and completion of paralegal program of study, or clear demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skill.
- Highly developed skills in time and task management.
- Highly developed attention to detail in striving for perfection in the firm’s work product and client service.
- Post-college level writing and oral communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computerized business applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) for the creation and editing of complex documents, spreadsheets, and electronic mail).
- Proficiency in the use of computerized legal research and document retention databases for performance of fact and legal research and effective management of complex evidence and case files.