This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. This position offers the flexibility to be 100% remote while working near our Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Anchorage offices.
The Staff Accountant will collaborate with the Senior Staff Accountant and the Financial Accounting Manager to create reports, reconcile balance sheet accounts, maintain the firm’s fixed asset module and assist other accounting personnel as needed.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Perform complex general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset module, including calculating and recording monthly depreciation expense
- Reconcile monthly Corporate Travel Program credit card. Work with the Firm’s travel vendor to research any travel variances as they arise
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts
- Monitor and post activity for various agency deposit accounts such as USPTO, Copyright Office, WIPO, and JACS
- Analyze and research reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures
- Serve as the back-up for W9 Vendor Entry into Aderant. Match tax ID numbers with IRS records, modify and update vendor records
- Provide assistance with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred or 5+ years of bookkeeping or related accounting experience required
- Aderant, Sage, CMS or similar comprehensive or enterprise-level accounting software experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Previous experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including people skills
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $73,000 - $80,000 ($37.44 - $41.03 hourly). Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays each year and an employee assistance program. For full-time employees, the initial vacation benefit is 15 days per year and 11 days of sick leave per year, accrued bi-weekly. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
The annualized salary range for this position Los Angeles is $71,000 to $77,000 ($36.41-$39.49 hourly); and San Francisco is $82,000 to $89,000 ($42.05-$45.64 hourly). Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email CarrieMcIntyre@dwt.com.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: oyNHmfw8