Sr. Practice Management Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Senior Practice Management Specialist to join our team in New York.
As a member of the practice management team, the senior practice management specialist will support the Media, Entertainment, Advertising, and IP practice on initiatives that enhance the business and strategic operations of the practice group.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Draft and prepare communications related to winning new work and enhancing the practice group’s profile and reputation, including direct communication with clients regarding high-profile, firm-run events as well as directory submissions.
- Lead the collection, storing, maintenance and distribution of information on lawyers’ experience and develop an effective system that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers.
- Work with the marketing communications team to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group’s blogs, newsletters, and social media platforms.
- Identify and conduct research in support of new business opportunities.
- Negotiate sponsorships and manage marketing budget.
- Coordinate client seminars and webinars.
- Attend practice group meetings, provide marketing materials and financial reports, and support the practice group operation as appropriate.
- Serve as primary liaison between practice group chairs/other practice leaders and staff departments to execute on practice group operating needs while reducing the amount of administrative time spent by practice leaders.
- Provide guidance and advice regarding business development opportunities for the practice group.
- Assist with additional projects as necessary.
- May require travel to other offices, as necessary.
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of professional services marketing is desired, or equivalent internship and education. Law firm marketing or media sector experience is a plus
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Ability to take ownership of projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Ability to interact with lawyers, clients and staff at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology a plus
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate
- Previous experience in the media/entertainment sector or in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, is preferred
- General familiarity with the practice of law is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.