Special Projects Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Special Projects Coordinator to join our team in our Portland office.
This position’s primary focus is to provide administrative support services and special project assistance to the attorneys, legal and support teams in Portland. We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are detail-oriented, have stellar communication skills and the ambition to learn, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Electronic file maintenance, including quality control assistance and sorting and storing in appropriate client/matter location on Firm’s network
- Assistance with organizational projects, including scanning and storing physical and electronic client materials into Firm’s network
- Assistance in answering questions from legal staff and other non-legal support teams
- Electronic file and office cleanup for departed attorneys and staff
- Download and update pleading indexes
- Research and download documents from websites
- Assist with the collection of payments for personal shipments from attorneys and staff when using USPS system and/or other courier sources; including documenting client billing numbers for accounting
- Work with other office departments and participate in special projects as assigned, includes support with moving boxes and light inter-office moves, general filing for the legal assistants and various administrative departments, and opening sub-files for Central Records Department as needed and requested
- Keep track of daily assignments and workload using firm’s management tool, Taskit
- Provide backup and overflow support to support services teams as needed
- Occasionally open and route mail, attaching appropriate files and documents.
- Provide overflow support to legal support teams as needed
- Assistance with other administrative and support services tasks as needed and requested
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years’ experience performing general office work, which may include data entry, filing, working with office personnel, or other related duties is a plus
- Previous experience with electronic & paper filing in a professional services firm or law firm is a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills including analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow-up/through
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong time management skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to learn, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and work under deadline pressures with minimal supervision; includes taking ownership of a problem associated with an assigned task and/or on behalf of the team when a business crisis occurs
- Ability to handle moderately stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate both orally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Ability to efficiently produce a high volume of detailed work, which may include long periods in front of a computer - required
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and various records management software applications - preferred
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and write English
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.