Software Developer - Knowledge Management
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Knowledge Management Engineer to join our team. This position offers the flexibility of being fully remote, while working within commuting distance of any of our offices.
This position works closely with attorneys and legal staff across the firm’s practices and draws upon their experience and knowledge of diverse matter types to support the use and adoption of Knowledge Management (KM) technologies, including the Microsoft 365 suite and new/emerging legal technologies such as document automation, intranets, extranets, and transaction management solutions.
This position will also work closely with members of the firm’s KM team to support, design and develop existing and new data tools that maximize the firm’s experience and matter data. In short, this position needs to see the big picture, but also have the technical skills to deliver solutions.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Consult with and advise lawyers, legal staff and clients regarding the most effective use of technology across matter practices (e.g. options for closing workflows, automating tasks, the use of AI-enabled technologies)
- Engage in the testing, implementation, roll-out, adoption, use and maintenance of practice technologies, including Litera Desktop (Contract Companion, Litigation Companion, etc.), Foundation, DocuSign, NetDocuments, Contract Express, HighQ, HotDocs, Microsoft Teams, Power BI, Power Automate and new technology platforms as introduced
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of new technologies
- Assist in the design and creation of in-house databases, intranet sites, dashboards and workflows
- Analyze firm data to better understand trends and performance
- Design and implement integrations between systems
- Coordinate with system administrators and/or vendors to manage updates, upgrades and other system changes and enhancements
- Work with members of the KM Department to ensure that content in KM systems meets the needs of the firm
- Develop automated document templates and support ongoing implementation, roll-out, updating and use of automated templates in production
- Conduct KM systems orientation/training sessions for new legal personnel
- Troubleshoot and help triage KM technology system issues reported by users
Join us if you have:
- 5+ years of technology systems management and administration experience
- Honest, energetic, and optimistic personality
- Client-focused orientation that balances customer deference with quality control
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Experience with document automation software and eagerness to learn new tools; Experience with HotDocs and Thomson Reuters’ suite of tools, including Contract Express and HighQ a plus
- Experience with document management systems administration/configuration; Experience with NetDocuments and related technologies a plus
- A passion for troubleshooting and reaching swift resolutions with technical issues
- Ability to methodically prioritize objectives and focus effort
- The ability to occasionally work extended hours on deadline-driven projects
- The ability to easily pivot between team projects and being an individual contributor
- Experience working with legal technology and/or within a large law firm preferred
- Understanding of typical transactional practice workflows and processes including due diligence review, matter/deal management, and closing process
- Experience in implementation of various legal technology solutions, including automation tools and AI-enabled contract review tools such as Kira and Luminance
- Passion for knowledge-sharing, efficiency, and excellence in your work
- Familiarity with any of the following types of technologies is a plus:
- Collaboration platforms (such as SharePoint Online, HighQ, etc.)
- Business Intelligence platforms (such as Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.)
- Document Automation tools (such as HotDocs, Contract Express, Litera Desktop, DocAssemble etc.)
- CRM Platforms (Interaction, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics)
- SharePoint tools (Handshake, BA Insight)
- Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate, etc.)
- Back-end tools (Prosperoware CAM, Intapp Integrate)
- Development tools/languages/formats (T-SQL, JSON, XML, Rest APIs, etc.)
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #: ozlwhfwr