Senior Staff Accountant
This Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for the execution of general accounting operations, including balance sheet reconciliations, fixed assets and depreciation, maintaining and updating monthly financial information including partnership accounting and ad hoc projects.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you have mid-level accounting experience and are looking to join a premier law firm, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Manage Fixed Asset System and fixed assets; reconcile and post depreciation
- Handle balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with Partnership Accounting
- Updating monthly financial data
- Partner equity accounting
- Calculating quarterly partner distributions and income
- Partner as tax preparer liaison
- Serve as contract attorney administrator backup
- Calculating bonus payments and schedules
- Be a subject matter expert with Aderant accounting system
- Partner with Information Technology on accounting projects
- Participate in annual partnership voting process
- Create journal entries as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of accounting related experience in a multi-office, multi-state environment with a demonstrated record of increasing responsibilities
- Thorough understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices
- Previous law firm or professional service organization experience strongly preferred
- In depth working knowledge and understanding of enterprise level accounting software experience required
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), as well as legal research and document retention databases required; advanced proficiency in Excel, including the ability to work with complex Excel formulas is preferred
- Must be highly organized and proactive, with the ability to work independently and with teams
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with clients, attorneys, staff members, and other business contacts, are required
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines, and able to work in an efficient and organized manner
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.