Senior Practice Management Specialist
Office: New York, NY
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a full-service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. The New York Office is looking for an experienced legal professional to join its Practice Management group and support its media practice. They will support the Director of Practice Management, assigned practice manager and the Media practice group on activities that enhance the profitable, effective operation of the practice group.
- Assist the Media practice group regarding business development opportunities for the practice group, including identifying and conducting research in support of new business opportunities.
- Draft and prepare communications related to winning new work and enhancing the practice group’s profile and reputation.
- Lead the collection, storing, maintenance and distribution of information on lawyers’ experience and develop an effective system that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers.
- Serve as primary liaison between practice group chairs/other practice leaders and staff departments to execute on practice group operating needs while reducing the amount of administrative time spent by practice leaders.
- Negotiate sponsorships and manage marketing budget.
- Assist senior practice manager and practice manager in processes that involve the collection of client feedback and execution on responses/actions to be taken, based on client feedback.
- Provide general support to practice managers and attorneys in practice group operations.
- Work with the Marcom group to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group’s blogs and social media platforms.
- May require travel to other offices, as necessary.
- 4+ years of professional services marketing is desired, or equivalent internship and education. Law firm marketing or media sector experience is a plus.
- College degree and demonstrated academic excellence.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts are required.
- Ability to interact with lawyers and staff at all levels is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology a plus.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate is required.
- Some experience working on marketing programs and events is a plus.
- General familiarity with the practice of law is a plus.