Senior Practice Management Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Senior Practice Management Specialist to join our team in either Washington D.C. or New York office.
As a member of the practice management team, the senior practice management specialist will support the Financial Services practice on initiatives that enhance the business and strategic operations of the practice group.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Provide guidance and advice regarding business development opportunities for the practice group
- Draft and prepare communications related to winning new work and enhancing the practice group’s profile and reputation
- Lead the collection, storing, maintenance and distribution of information on lawyers’ experience and develop an effective system that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers
- Identify and conduct research in support of new business opportunities
- Serve as primary liaison between practice group chairs/other practice leaders and staff departments to execute on practice group operating needs while reducing the amount of administrative time spent by practice leaders
- Negotiate sponsorships and manage marketing budget
- Coordinate client seminars and webinars for the practice group
- Attend practice group meetings, provide marketing materials and financial reports, and support the practice group operations
- Work with the marketing communications team to create, update, and organize marketing collateral and related records, as well as practice group’s blogs, newsletters, and social media platforms
- Assist with additional projects as necessary
- Travel to other offices, as necessary
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years of professional services or equivalent experience; proficiency in business development and marketing is desired. Experience with the financial services sector is a plus.
- College degree and demonstrated academic excellence
- Ability to take ownership of projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will need to be comfortable interacting and maintaining effective working relationships across numerous staff departments. You will be expected to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Ability to interact and build collegial relationships with lawyers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products and collaborative platforms, e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Sharepoint, Teams. Social media fluency and familiarity with CRM technology are a plus.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate
- Previous experience in the financial services sector or in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, is preferred
- General familiarity with the practice of law is a plus
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position [in New York City] is $102,000 to $117,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email CarrieMcIntyre@dwt.com.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: okf4mfwJ