Senior Litigation Docketing Specialist
As a Litigation Docketing Specialist, you will be a member of the national docketing team, reporting to the Docketing Supervisor. You will be part of the regional and national docketing team that provides support firm-wide.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Enter data, log and process all docketing requests assigned to you, using the firm’s docketing software
- Calculate rule-based litigation deadlines
- Respond to case teams to ensure that docket entries are accurate
- Assist in the investigation of docket issues and respond to procedural inquiries from attorneys, paralegals and secretaries
- Know how to electronically monitor and research court cases with the use of various online resources to maintain an accurate record
- Answer procedural questions rated to date calculations and filing requirements and all inquiries from attorneys, paralegals and secretaries in a timely and efficient manner
- Know all applicable court rules regarding filing of documents in state and federal courts and calculation of deadlines related to those filings
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years of experience as a docketing specialist, ideally with experience with litigation in a law firm environment
- Knowledge of basic litigation docketing, calendaring and Civil Procedure
- Experience using docketing software (CompuLaw (Vision), MyView.preferred
- Knowledge of various court websites, docket searching and document retrieval databases (i.e., PACER, Lexis/Nexis, West CourtExpress, and federal/local court websites)
- Strong knowledge of state e-filing procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite applications, including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- The ability to interpret and analyze information
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- An ability to work independently, but also a reliable, conscientious, and flexible team player
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: o3pwdfwV