Senior Financial Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. This position offers the flexibility to be fully remote, although must be located within reasonable commuting distance from one of our offices in Seattle, Los Angeles or Portland.
This position is responsible for the compilation, preparation, distribution and analysis of financial/statistical data, including surveys and budgeting, for a 500+ attorney, private practice law firm. The ideal candidate will be able to use his/her expertise to provide analysis plus recommendations to partners, executive members and administrators based on data.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Prepare, develop and communicate results for both the firm’s operating expense and capital expenditure budgets, providing support to Chief Financial Officer and Director of Accounting Operations as well as various levels of senior firm management including Office Administration, Executive Partners and Administrators; includes budget year variance reporting and research as needed
- Compile, prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and analyses to a broad audience, including attorneys, law firm management
- Provide summarized "flash" and detailed reports for executive partners and administrators in charge of office operations
- Develop and report to Chief Financial Officer and Director of Accounting Operations the effects of the budget with respect to firm-wide cash flow as it relates to the firm’s Operating Expense and Capital Expenditure Budgets in order to determine firm financing needs
- Develop, prepare and communicate equity partner personal cash flow modeling to be used by individual partners in planning for their personal cash flow needs; includes providing conclusions and using expertise to provide recommendations based on data
- Compile, prepare and timely submit annual surveys and questionnaires, including firm’s participation in the PriceWaterhouseCoopers Billing Rate and Associate Salary Survey (BRASS), Citigroup Law Firm Survey and AMLAW Law Firm Survey
- Compile and report on attorney and staff full-time equivalent including development and maintenance of working model to track both timekeeper and other staff ratios, allowing comparisons to planned as well as historical staffing levels
- Research, problem-solve and provide analytical support as needed, including periodic reporting on firm-wide initiatives and other projects as needed
- Prepare and communicate other financial-based projections including Operating Expense budget line items, Capital Expenditures, Time Value of Money (Interest) calculations
- Special and Ad Hoc analyses and preparation of financial materials, as assigned, e.g. Interest Calculations.
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years progressively responsible work experience, including 2+ years as financial analyst, required
- 3+ years experience with accounting software systems, preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field, required
- Demonstrated ability to proficiently perform advanced spreadsheet functions in MS Excel, including modeling, required. Experience with SQL, Power Pivot and Power BI a plus
- Ability to understand and interpret financial/performance data and provide recommendations, required
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a high attention to detail and ability to work under and meet reporting deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, required
- Previous experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 10 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact email@example.com.
Job Reference #: oXeYjfwc