We are seeking an experienced Research Librarian to be part of a forward-thinking team responsible for gathering, synthesizing and delivering legal, business and technical information to attorneys and staff; providing training and assistance in the use of a variety of research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management tools; and collaborating with teammates, practice groups and staff to provide innovative solutions that support the complex, evolving research needs of the firm’s clients.
Candidates must reside within a reasonable commuting distance to our Seattle, Bellevue, Portland, San Francisco, or Los Angeles offices.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day, you will:
- Collaborate with a nation-wide team of librarians to provide comprehensive and sophisticated research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management services for attorneys and staff in all firm offices
- Provide outreach, training, and on-demand assistance to attorneys and staff in cost effective and efficient use of research resources
- Engage with designated practice groups and client teams to market Library & Research Services (L&RS) resources and to identify training and outreach opportunities
- Develop and maintain expertise in the use of a wide variety of legal, business and practice-related resources
- Assist in the analysis of L&RS resource and circulation metrics to inform collection planning decisions
- Contribute to the on-going development of L&RS policies and procedures
- Participate in local and national professional development activities
- Assist with various administrative duties and projects as necessary
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years’ legal reference and research experience, preferably in a law or corporate library; Masters in Library and Information Science required
- Demonstrated proficiency with major legal and business research platforms, public records resources, competitive intelligence tools, and state and federal legal information sources
- Expert customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally with attorneys and staff in a time-sensitive manner. High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters
- Exceptional collaborative skills. Ability to work closely with teammates located in multiple offices and different time zones
- Ability to work effectively with commercial vendors
- Excellent analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Knowledge of emerging information delivery technologies, including portals, software-as-a-service, collaboration software and mobile
- Familiarity with internal and attorney-facing knowledge management practices and tools
Prior administrative experience in a law firm or professional services setting is helpful, but we are open to candidates with an interest in marketing from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: o6TVffwT