This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Research Librarian to join our Library & Research Services team in any of our West Coast offices.
This position will be part of a forward-thinking team responsible for finding, synthesizing and delivering legal, business and technical information to attorneys and staff; providing training and assistance in the use of a variety of research, knowledge management, current awareness and competitive intelligence tools; and collaborating with teammates, practice groups and staff to provide innovative solutions that support the complex, evolving research needs of the Firm’s clients.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a nation-wide team of librarians to provide comprehensive and sophisticated research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management services for attorneys and staff in all Davis Wright Tremaine offices
- Provide quick reference as well as in-depth guidance to attorneys and staff in efficient, cost effective use of research resources
- Engage with designated practice groups and client teams to market in-house databases and commercial resources and to identify training and outreach opportunities
- Develop and maintain expertise in the use of a wide variety of legal, business and practice-related resources
- Assist in the analysis of library & research services resource metrics to inform collection planning decisions
- Participate in local and national professional development activities
- Assist with various administrative duties and projects as necessary
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years’ legal reference and research experience, preferably in a law or corporate library; Masters in Library and Information Science or Juris Doctor Degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency with major legal and business research platforms, public records resources, competitive intelligence tools, and state and federal legal information sources
- Expert customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally in a time-sensitive manner. High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters
- Exceptional collaborative skills. Ability to work closely with teammates located in multiple offices and different time zones
- Excellent analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-cultural environment
- Availability to travel to other firm offices as needed
- Familiarity with knowledge management practices and tools strongly preferred
- Knowledge of emerging information delivery technologies, including portals, mobile/remote access and collaboration software
- Experience with news and social media research
- Project management experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12302019 Research Librarian