This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Receptionist to join our team in our New York office.
This position is designed to provide exceptional customer service to attorneys, staff, clients and other visitors of the firm; answering and directing incoming calls, greeting clients, assisting visitors, point person for events related logistics, as well as handling a variety of administrative tasks. This position requires in-person presence.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Answer and screen incoming calls promptly and professionally; offer to take detailed messages or transfer to voice mail as directed. Send messages via email when necessary
- Greet clients and notify attorneys and/or staff of their arrival; occasionally escort visitors to reserved offices and ensure their needs are met; arrange for a host escort is necessary
- Assist with DWT visitor requests; enter guests into building security system; manage visiting office schedules; confirm visits daily, assist with copying or faxing as needed
- Communicate with attorneys and staff regarding a variety of inquiries and requests for assistance, e.g., ordering meals, scheduling conference rooms, reserving visitor offices, ordering car service
- Receive hand delivered client documents and notify Managing Clerk’s office and/or mailroom personnel
- Serve as "concierge" to visitors, assisting with reasonable needs they may have such as copying, faxing, scanning, transportation, reservations, etc.
- Maintain on-line conference room schedule, using discretion when booking and prioritizing or coordinating room changes; respond to questions regarding catering vendors, conference room capacity and available amenities; assist staff and attorneys with reserving conference rooms and reservable offices when requested
- Liaise with internal and external clients for meetings, events and special requests
- Place food orders and obtain appropriate charge-back information for same; create and maintain log of attorney / client dietary restrictions and catering preferences
- Respond and coordinate events requests including A/V needs, guest lists, security clearances, vendor access to building, etc.
- Process invoices, vendor billing, car vouchers, etc. utilizing Chrome River
- Interact with building security/maintenance: order building access badges, report temperature requests, plumbing, electrical and any related facilities issues
- Maintain office phone directory and floor plan, updating new hires and departures as appropriate; coordinate with Administration regarding office, secretarial assignments, and phone numbers
- Maintain NY portal page regarding daily attendance, visitors, etc.
- Present an image consistent with a professional services firm and a demeanor representative of DWT’s client service culture
- Assist with other clerical tasks as needed
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant in a professional office environment; experience using a multi-line phone system preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Self-starter with a high degree of attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate
- Excellent interpersonal, grammar and proofreading skills; ability to exercise good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, ability to change work schedule or hours if needed, required.
- Ability to communication verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with internal and external clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt quickly to change and effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in calm, composed manner
- Ability to sit at a workstation for lengthy periods of time with occasional breaks
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in New York City is $57,000 to $59,000 ($31.32 to $32.42 hourly). Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.