This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Receptionist to join our team in our Los Angeles office.
This position is responsible for being an ambassador for the Los Angeles office by greeting clients, answering and directing incoming calls; receiving deliveries; maintaining the office conference room calendar; assisting visitors, attorneys and staff with a variety of special requests; and other tasks as may be assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Answer and screen incoming calls promptly and professionally
- Answer attorney lines that bounce back to reception and transfer to voice mail as directed. Send messages via email when necessary
- Greet clients, visitors and vendors; notify attorneys and/’or staff of their arrival in a timely maker; direct visitors to scheduled offices and ensure their needs are met; arrange for a host to escort if necessary
- Communicate with attorneys and staff regarding a variety of inquiries and requests for assistance, e.g. ordering cars, scheduling visitor offices
- Maintain Los Angeles office portal page regarding office information and events
- Monitor set ups in conference rooms on daily basis including food catering order appropriate for the number of guests and communicate with support teams involved. Contact office services when conference rooms are vacated for timely clean up
- Maintain phones listings for new hires and departures; coordinate with administration regarding new assignments, numbers and extensions
- Receive hand delivered client documents and notify office services
- Maintain calendar for multiple conference rooms, including booking and using discretion when prioritizing or coordinating room changes; assist staff and attorneys with reserving conference/meeting/visitor rooms. Maintain reception area, i.e. keep visitor coat closet in order and assist in returning missing items to their respective owners; manage reception magazines and newspapers as well as floral arrangements
- Assist with DWT visitors: manage visiting office schedules; confirm visits daily; maintain visitor access card logs, handing out cards and ensuring their return; distribute floor maps and visitor folders; assist with copying or faxing as needed
- Assist with other clerical tasks as needed, including the use of Microsoft Office products for various projects
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years’ experience as receptionist or administrative assistant in an office environment required; experience using a multi-line phone system preferred
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required; advanced education preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Ability to interact with lawyers and staff at all levels
- Ability to take ownership of projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as fax machine, copiers, scanners, phones and computer
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products required (MS Office 2010 preferred); must type 45 wpm
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and have excellent grammar; spelling and proofreading skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate, and use good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality, and maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to work extended hours or periodically change hours if needed
- Previous experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment preferred
- May be required to change work schedule temporarily - come in early or work later when needed
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.