The Proofreader supports firmwide attorneys and staff with proofreading to identify and indicate or correct grammatical, spelling, typographical, and formatting errors in MS Office application-generated and PDF documents.
Note: The hours for this position are Monday – Friday from 1:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. PT. This position offers the capability to work 100% remotely, however you must reside within reasonable commuting distance to either our Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, or San Francisco offices.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are detail-oriented, stellar communication skills and the ambition to learn, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Identify and correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and typographical errors in complex legal documents, as well as patent, technical, and policy documents
- Identify and correct compositional errors
- Identify and indicate style and formatting errors
- Check corrected proofs of legal documents against mark-up for comparison and quality assurance
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
- Attend training classes focused on improving proofreading skills
Join us if you have:
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language, with emphasis on vocabulary, grammar, spelling, punctuation skills and proofreading of work product
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office
- An ability to accurately type 45+ wpm
- A willingness to learn new programs and new program updates
- A sense of ownership; ability to work independently
- The Ability to work in a team-oriented, service-focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Ability to work overtime if needed
2+ years’ experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.? Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.? It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.? We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.? It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oU5HgfwG