Professional Development Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Professional Development Assistant to join our team in either Portland or Seattle office.
This position is responsible for supporting the Professional Development team on initiatives supporting career and professional development for the firm’s attorneys. The Professional Development Assistant is very detailed-orientated, has a strong knowledge of all aspects of the Microsoft Suite, and is able to complete work independently as assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Assist with general administrative support for the Professional Development team including updating internal webpage and with administration of Professional Development trainings and events (e.g., conference room booking, audio visual requirements, speaker confirmations, logistics, catering, materials, etc.)
- Assist with logistical aspects related to the Associate Evaluation Committee (AEC) and Summer Associate Program which can include scheduling meetings and assisting with meeting logistics as well as data entry and ensuring the proper distribution of large amounts of confidential and sensitive data and materials
- Maintain the firm’s membership roster for Practising Law Institute (PLI)
- Review general ledger for Professional Development budget and track variances; process corporate credit card invoices; assist with check requests and expense reimbursements as requested
- Assist with Professional Development’s collaboration with the HR, Attorney Recruiting and Practice Management Departments to coordinate lateral attorney integration priorities and efforts
- Support the Professional Development Department with administrative tasks related to firm-wide committees and initiatives, which can include drafting communications and charts, scheduling meeting logistics, travel arrangements, creating binders, copying, filing, etc.
- Additional duties and tasks as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years’ experience in a law firm or other professional services organization is highly preferred
- College degree preferred or equivalent combination of relevant work experience or education
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Knowledge of all MS Office products strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use database applications and portal-related web design programs required; viGlobal/Wave experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional discretion when dealing with highly sensitive, confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers and staff, both written and verbal communications are required.
- High attention to detail, analysis and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and in both team and independent settings
- Strong client service skills, including understanding and responding to a variety of inquiries and requests, required
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters required
- Demonstrated project management skills
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 10 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact email@example.com.
Job Reference #: oHZZkfwJ