Professional Development Assistant
Grow Your Career in Legal Operations
This position is responsible for supporting the Director of Professional Development on a number of initiatives related to assisting with administering career and professional development initiatives for DWT attorneys.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are looking for a growth opportunity in professional development or operations in an established law firm setting, we want to hear from you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a Typical Day, You Will:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director of Professional Development for administrative tasks related to Attorney Evaluation Committee, Readiness Evaluation Committee, and Share Committee, which can include drafting communications, processing data and creating charts, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, creating binders, copying, filing, etc.as needed
- Assist with logistical aspects related to the Associate Evaluation Committee (AEC) such as scheduling quarterly AEC meetings, assisting with mid-year and annual review meeting logistics as well as ensuring the proper distribution of large amounts of confidential and sensitive data and materials
- Provide data entry support for the firm’s the MCLE database (viDesktop) and assisting with the maintenance of the firm's MCLE program files
- Maintain the firm’s membership roster for Practising Law Institue (PLI)
- Assist with Professional Development’s collaboration with the HR, Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion , and Practice Management Departments to coordinate lateral attorney integration priorities and efforts
- Review general ledger for Professional Development budget and track variances; process corporate credit card invoices; assist with check requests and expense reimbursements as requested
- Assist with general administrative support for the Professional Development team and assist with administration of Professional Development events (i.e., conference room booking, audio visual requirements, speaker confirmations, logistics, materials, etc.)
Join us if you can:
- Own the organization of contact lists, reports, and tracking, requiring an intermediate understanding of Excel including Pivot Tables and V-Lookup
- Collaborate with attorneys, top stakeholders, and other internal teams, leveraging highly developed written and verbal communication
- Independently manage multiple projects such as planning firm events, scheduling complex meetings, and juggle high volume tasks to hit targeted deadlines
- Set learning goals with your team and demonstrate measurable growth
- Provide consistent excellent customer service to support our team, attorneys, and staff in meeting firm goals
A background in customer service and/or administrative support is helpful, but we’re willing to train motivated, entry-level candidates who have exemplary customer service and polished communication skills. Candidates with non-traditional backgrounds who have transferable skills to succeed are encouraged to apply.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.