This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Procurement Coordinator to join our team in Seattle. This position offers the flexibly of being fully remote, however will require you to come into our Seattle office on occasion for team-based events and meetings.
This is an entry-level position, responsible for providing first-line support to the firm during core business hours, including maintaining awareness and adherence of vendor security measures, policies, methods, and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to firm data. Successful candidates will thrive in a culture that promotes customer service and excellence in purchasing, contracting and information security as an integral part of Information Technology (IT) architecture and business processes.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Timely track and process all incoming invoices for assigned vendors. Includes data entry, follow up with requestors as needed, vendor contact for quantity/amount mismatches, payment status.
- Subject-matter knowledge related to P2P systems. Provide technical advice/support, troubleshooting assistance, and problem resolution to Procurement team and to requestors
- Run reports related to purchasing activities; distribute as directed
- Assist with determining and documenting changes to procedures and workflows to support delivery of superior customer service to the Firm
- Assist Procurement team with sourcing (RFI, RFQ, RFP) events, including scheduling meetings with stakeholders and vendors; act as central contact for all parties; draft/update documents; perform analysis of commercial proposals; draft contract documents
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years’ experience in providing procurement support is preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in a law firm or professional setting preferred
- Demonstrate an understanding of P2P systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate in a pleasant and effective manner with attorneys and staff and external parties, in person, and via email and telephone
- Customer service and troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Must be a team player
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and adjust approach to fit
- A strong attention to detail and quality control
- Experience providing remote access support strongly preferred
- Tenacious problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
- GED/High School Diploma required
At least one year of experience in accounts payable is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: o9mTgfwo