Pro Bono & Professional Development Coordinator
PRO BONO & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
We are looking for a dynamic individual to provide administrative support to DWT’s pro bono program and assist with administering career and professional development initiatives for DWT attorneys. The ideal candidate is curious, passionate about pro bono work and driven with an outstanding service focus and sense of urgency to achieve results. They would exhibit strong intellectual curiosity and demonstrate superb process improvement and project management capabilities.
- Perform analysis upon intake of potential new pro bono matters for compliance with policies, conflicts, billable credit eligibility and appropriate supervision, assigning client/matter numbers and compiling statistics and record keeping, and communicate with lawyers and staff regarding billable credit eligibility decisions.
- Regularly update internal pro bono opportunities database.
- Respond to attorney and staff inquiries and be the clearinghouse for legal information materials.
- Attend internal and external pro bono-related meetings, conferences and workshops as needed.
- Provide logistical support for pro bono-related training and events.
- Screen requests for pro bono services from outside individuals and entities including referrals from firm clients and work with Pro Bono Manager to make referrals.
- Assist with responding to attorney requests for their pro bono hours and survey requests.
- Provide staff support to the Pro Bono Committee.
- Maintain schedule for multi-firm volunteer participation in domestic violence clinic.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Pro Bono Manager on tasks related to the project management of larger initiatives.
- Coordinate and administer logistical aspects related to the mid-year and annual review and Path to Partnership processes.
- Facilitate relationships between Professional Development, HR, Accounting and IST departments to ensure critical data and other information is shared and provided in support of department and firm needs.
- Assist with various projects as necessary, including researching and analyzing current trends in the marketplace and with respect to Professional Development initiatives.
- Maintain relationship and membership roster for American Bar Association (ABA) and Practising Law Institute (PLI).
- Assist in the administration of Professional Development events.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Attorney Evaluation Committee, Readiness Evaluation Committee, Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Share Committee as needed.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- 4+ years’ prior experience in a law firm or other professional services organization is required.
- College degree preferred or equivalent combination of relevant work experience or education.
- Demonstrated ability to learn computer applications and related programs. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Access required; knowledge of all MS Office products, including SharePoint, strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional discretion when dealing with highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers and staff, both in written and verbal communications.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, analysis and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and in both team and independent settings.
- Strong client service skills required, including understanding and responding to a variety of inquiries and requests, required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters required.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.